So lately I have noticed that my running endurance has increased quite nicely, and that I probably need to address other qualities to improve my long cycle.
I used the deck of cards as my basis for circuit training, and set my timer to 20 min. Followed by a trail run for 20min and a swim in the ocean.
Since I was trying this for the first time and I do not want to impact my kettlebell long cycle training negatively (it’s called assistance training for that very simple reason) I used light weights.
- Jokers, Aces: 35kg sandbag shouldering x1 e.s
- Kings: Hip thrusts with sandbag @35kg x10
- Queens: swing @36kg x10 e.s
- Jacks: get up sit up x10
- Hearts: 1 arm row @28kg e.s
- Diamonds: Ice skaters e.s
- Spades: Bulgarian bag spins @17kg e.s
- Clubs: Reverse lunge from deficit with BG bag e.s
All in all a very invigorating training session, doing variety exercises. I’ll know if it was wise or dumb tomorrow…